Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General WooCommerce Search When Showing Categories as Default Setting

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Jerry Kramer

Hi, I have a WooCommerce store and its set to display categories by default on the initial shop page. The ajax keyword search doesn’t seem to work in this case, is that a setting issue on my end or?

I have Auto Submit form, Load results using Ajax and Make searches bookmarkable checked in my filter settings.

Thanks in advance,

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jerry Kramer
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Hi Jerry

I see that you have Relevanssi installed and indexed, and also support enabled in Search & Filter on the Advanced settings tab.

In Relevanssi, you have set it to index Products and Variations (the default is to look in the title and content), but you have not enabled the product_category or product_tag taxonomies?

I can see that you HAVE enabled indexing in custom fields.

Maybe that is the problem and you might need to enable indexing in the taxonomies?

Jerry Kramer

Hi Trevor, thanks for the info! So everything seems to be working correctly … I’m using “cats” and “ful” for my test keywords in the keyword search.

When I go to the WooComm settings and set it to display Products everything works correctly. When I change it to display Categories it’s like it works because in the Product Categories dropdown the respective items are filtered, showing the item count in parenthesis, yet on the page all of the categories are still shown in the main body area, which is incorrect. Not sure what’s up with that?

Thanks,

Trevor Moderator

If you are using Ajax, it maybe that the Ajax Container is changing when you do that on the page.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.