Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Taxonomy problem and Reset Filters

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 45 total)
  • Alessandro Epis

Hello,
    I am experimenting issues with the taxonomies.
    Recently (2 months ago) I spoke with Trevor because of some problems related to categories and he suggested me to use different taxonomies for different Custom Post Types and that’s what I did and it worked, until yesterday I added a new taxonomy and the filter doesn’t work properly.
    Also, the reset button doesn’t work.

At the moment I am clearing the cache and see if it will work, but if it is a common problem, please let me know what I can do.

The wordpress theme is Divi.
    Thanks

Trevor Moderator

Nothing that I am aware of Alessandro. I would need to take a look?

Alessandro Epis

Hi Trevor,
    Yes please.
    You can try it here:
    https://www.erasmuspeople.com/erasmus_trips_milan/

If you select a taxonomy is ok, then if you uncheck or select another taxonomy or reset filters.. It doesn’t work properly.

Thank you

Trevor Moderator

Ah, the Reset will not work because you are staying within category permalinks. It will only reset any search strings at the end of the URL. Not ideal I know.

Alessandro Epis

Ok i get it. But if you select “organized trips” and then “trip tips” it doesn’t work.
    Do you think I can make something to make it work?

Thank you

Trevor Moderator

Yes, because the URL does not have a search string on the end. It simply changed the URL.

Alessandro Epis

Ok I get it. I’d like to know if it’s possible to change that in some ways, that’s the question 🙂

Trevor Moderator

Not with the plugin as it is currently coded, no.

Alessandro Epis

Ok,
    in the exemple of movies (demo of the plugin) it is possible to add more than one genre.
    What is “genre” in this case?
    How can I achieve the same result of the demo?

Thank you Trevor for your patience

Trevor Moderator

At the moment, you have an option on the Display results settings tab that keeps the page within the category. That would have to be off. Within the category/field setup, the Search Operator needs to be set to OR.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.