Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Single search field not find product categories and custom taxonomie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Arthur Mayr

Hi S&F Team,

Nice plugin, we use it for two projects and we would like to use it for more. But now we have a important problem.

We just want to use it for a simple search with one input field on an shop website. It should find only products, attributes, products from a product-category and from a custom taxonomie. If we search for the product name it worked, but if we search for the product-category for example “ringe”, it not shows the products of the category “ringe”.

Some infos of the settings.

Search in the following post types: checked products
    Display results method: Custom – because “WooCommerce Shop” we use it for the filter of a another result page. There it works with checkboxes and so on, but also not with a search field.
    Tags, Categories & Taxonomies: all option on “include”
    Search Form UI: Search and Submit Button. We want only this two fields for a simple search, but I tried to add Taxonomy and Category fields for test, but it not worked with the search field. It worked with the dropdown of the taxonomy field, but not in combination.

URL:
    This works: _sft_product_cat=ringe
    This not: _sf_s=ringe

I hope you can help us.

Thank you
    Sebastian

Trevor Moderator

It is possible from what you write that you are trying to use a text input field search box to search inside custom fields and/or taxonomies. You will need to install either the free WP Extended Search plugin or the free Relevanssi plugin and set them to search the CPT (products) taxonomies/custom fields of your choice. We have some documentation regarding Relevanssi.

I do not think WP Extended Search requires any special settings in Search & Filter, it just works.

Arthur Mayr

Thank you for your reply. I solved the problem. The plugin Relevanssi worked very good. I tried it with the S&F plugin. Unfortunately it didn’t worked. Now I use it with the standard search of WordPress.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Single search field not find product categories and custom taxonomie’ is closed to new replies.