Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro search gives all posts

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)
  • aptharsia

search page (note it’s the search on the page, not the search on the sidebar…which will be replaced by SFP.)

Newly installed, cache built. My search is a combo of categories and ACF. I make my search choices, hit submit and it just returns ALL posts, no filters applied. Not really sure what to do to figure out what the problem is. I’m using a child template although I don’t really know if it’s pulling the correct codes, shows get_search_query()

Trevor Moderator

Ah, looking at the form, I can see a problem. You can use a particular Taxonomy (or Category/Tags, each Taxonomy and each Custom Field) only once in the form. You would need to make additional taxonomies. This post tries to explain this a bit better (you can use a plugin to switch category terms from media-category to any new taxonomy that you make, so it is not so hard to do). It is a really awful preachy lecture I wrote:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/multiple-categories-combination/#post-55166

Sorry about the tone, but the message is right and it links to good plugins (except taxonomy switcher I think). If I missed anything (I probably did, my apologies), follow up and nudge me.

A Skype voice chat is also possible.

aptharsia

That’s going right over my head. I’m confused because all of these are unique, although there are parents/children categories, there aren’t any repeats.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    aptharsia

Sorry, I don’t have a mic/webcam.

Trevor Moderator
    aptharsia
    Trevor Moderator
    aptharsia

No Skype.

Trevor Moderator

Are you able to install the Skype app and make an account? It works on Mac or PC.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘search gives all posts’ is closed to new replies.