Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search for woocommerce page show wrong

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • phraisohn siripool

Hello,
    I make a search form for each product category follow their custom fields. For Example Product Category A has 5 Custom fields, Category B has 4 Custom fields.

Then I make each search form for them and use woocommerce search page as a result display page. But when I click each selection dropdown custom field. If that value has no result, it query all of the products to the result page.

Please you visit for my demo website?
    Example Case A, for now put only 2 products for this category. But when I select “Dimmable” to be “NO” (the last selection dropdown) it should show me only the product that the value is NO or if not has it should show “no result …. blah” But you see? it query all of the products to the result page.

https://buksohn.com/2017/eginter/product-category/nex/lighting/led-lamp/

Or also this
    https://buksohn.com/2017/eginter/product-category/noark/consumer-units/plastic-boxes/flush-mount-plastic-boxes/

it show the same problem.

Do you have any suggestion please?

Thank you,
    Sohn

phraisohn siripool

maybe this the problem?

Error: There are 3 Search Forms using display mode WooCommerce Shop – you may only have 1
    Error: There are 2 Search Forms set to use Post Type Archive display mode for the post type Products – you may only have 1

Trevor Moderator

Yes, that is the problem. You are allowed only one of each type (Display Results Method) of these forms.

However, on the Display Results Method tab, there is a setting to detect categories and help the search stay on the page, instead of re-directing to the shop or Post Type archive page. So, you can make only one form of each type, but tick that setting box and use the form on many pages. The form must include the category field, even if you use Custom CSS to hide it and simply let the plugin populate it for you. On the general settings tab there are also three auto detect settings that you may need to use.

phraisohn siripool

Hello, Do you have some screenshot setting for your advice please? I read and I am not clear about your suggestion.

Thank you,
    Sohn

Trevor Moderator

Find the setting on the General Settings tab Choose which kinds of pages S&F will try to do this on and make sure that you tick Tag, Category & Taxonomy Archives.

On the Display Results tab there is also Enable filtering on Taxonomy Archives in the Template Options and you must also tick this. You should be able to use the same form on each.

Note that the taxonomy that forms the page URL (in your case product-category) also has to be a field in the form for the plugin to be able to auto set it (as I said, you can hide the field using custom css if you need to).

phraisohn siripool

Thank you very much. Now it seem to works. but i still have a problem about the pagination. I test with a search form which show 1 product for page. But when I use the Display result page as Post Type Archive (for every forms), the products are showed all in the in first page.

How to solve this please?

Thank you

phraisohn siripool

One More Question please. For your advice it mean i can use the result display as a woocommerce shop page for every search form or just only one time?

Thank you,
    Sohn

phraisohn siripool

Oh. I think i see now. I have to set result per page the same number for every search form. 🙂

Trevor Moderator

Is this thread now resolved/closed?

phraisohn siripool

HI,
    For one more question please.

As you suggest that “Choose which kinds of pages S&F will try to do this on”

For this case I still can use Taxonomy result page or woocommerce page for the result?

Or I have to create the new page for each product category?

Thank you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Search for woocommerce page show wrong’ is closed to new replies.