Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Results displayed in grid format for Avada

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)
  • Josh Jackson

Hi guys,

I’ve sort of browsed the topics in this forum, but haven’t been able to piece an answer together.

I should probably start with this question: Is S&F compatible with Avada? Or does Avada cause so many headaches that it might not be worth using S-F? (note, I love what I see with S-F Pro so far, and this isn’t a slam against you at all).

Ok, so if there are no really difficult issues presented by using Avada, what I’d like to do is have the option to display search results for a group directory in Grid format, which is how we display results for other items like posts.

Is there an easy way to do this for someone who isn’t a code monkey?

Thanks!

Josh Jackson

I’m not sure it matters, but the free version of S-F displayed results in grid format.

Trevor Moderator

Hi Josh

S&F Pro works with Avada. The problem is to get Ajax working with it. Theme Fusion have, so far, not provided the necessary code required to re-trigger Masonry (used in their Grid).

The process is to build a page in the page builder in Avada, placing our search form using a shortcode in a code element, let us assume that the shortcode for your form is this:

[searchandfilter id="1428"]

… and the Avada grid where you need it.

Directly above the grid element, add another code element (if the S&F form is already in a code element in that place, you can add these extra two snippets in that same element, under the form).

Then the two new snippets to use are these:

[searchandfilter id="1428" action="filter_next_query"]

and:

<script>(function ( $ ) {
      "use strict";
      $(document).on("sf:ajaxfinish", ".searchandfilter", function(){
        console.log("ajax complete");
    // load your Masonry trigger code here
      });
    }(jQuery));</script>

The issue is (I have tried to guess what the code is, but so far haven’t figured it) what is need to replace this commented line?

// load your Masonry trigger code here

Then, in the Search & Filter form, the Display Results method needs to be set to Custom and the Results URL to the full URL of the results page.

With Ajax switched on (which is the part that does not work as of yet due to that missing code), the Ajax Container will also need to be set.

The last user to ask this question of Theme Fusion is from this thread:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/using-search-and-filter-not-working-with-cue-music-player/

Hopefully, Theme Fusion will provide an answer at some point. As I said, with Ajax OFF, it should work, with the page reloading.

Josh Jackson

Thanks Trevor. Be advised, I have a very basic understanding of web development, and that’s mainly HTML/CSS. As I start on this, can you tell me more about what you mean by Avada’s grid element in the Fusion page builder?

Josh Jackson

Under Display Results tab, I have …

Set method to Use a Shortcode.
    Created a page for results and added that URL to the field.
    And deselected “load results using Ajax.”

So far so good?

Trevor Moderator

If you want to talk it through using a screen share on Skype?

Josh Jackson

You bet. I’m on Mountain Time (Denver). What time works for you?

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Josh Jackson
    Josh Jackson
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.