Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Questions regarding datepicker and results in shortcode

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Jorrit van Harten

Goodday,

First of all congrats with your nice plugin!! Working briljant.

I have two questions:
    – I’m using a sliding panel from Code Canyon (Ninja Kick: Sliding Panel for WordPress) and on pages where I use this sliding panel, it interferes with the datepicker of the search and filter plugin. As in the datepicker won’t work and I have to put in the date manually. Do you have any suggestions what to do about it? I can give you the domain on which is the case, but I would prefer to do this through mail or in a private section.
    – Before updating the search and filter plugin (from version 2.0.3) I was able to use 1 searchfilter with shortcode on several pages. As well the shortcode from the searchfilter, as the results shortcode. Now after updating when i’m using the shortcode option to display results, I have to put in a destination url. Otherwise I won’t see results. The problem for me is that I want to use the search and filter shortcode below several posts (custom posts with shortcode in codeblock) and that I want to show the results on the page of the post itself.

Can you help me with these two “problems”? Hope to hear from you soon, because I’m having a tight schedule regarding the deadlines of this website.

Best regards,

Jorrit van Harten

Trevor Moderator

Hi Jorrit

The first issue may take a while to track down the conflict. You can reply to this message with a ‘Private reply’. I would need the link/URL or a page with the search form on as well as a slide in panel.

The second issue is more complex. For what you describe as your needs, the Shortcode Display Results method is not suitable. I think you would need to use the ‘Custom’ method, described here:

https://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/search-results/custom/

Probably by modifying the template PHP file for the posts page, where you would add a wp_query loop where you want the results and make sure that you use the WP_Query method shown.

Jorrit van Harten

Hello Trevor,

Thanks for your response!

First issue:
    The people of sliding panel helped me fixing this issue whilde you support was unavailable because of the new website.

The second issue:
    Am I wrong this wasn’t the case in previous versions of Search & Filter? On a other website I worked on, we could use the search & filter shortcodes on several pages, without the use of a destination url. Then the results just appeared on the page where the shortcodes where inserted. Please let me know if this was the case, because then I will consider to downgrade to a previous version. If not, can you be a bit more precise what I should do? For your information: I’m using the Enfold theme and posts are made with the Advanced Layout Builder that comes with the theme.

One other question:
    I’m using Advanced Custom Fields PRO from https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/ to add custom fields to several parts of the sites. In the search and filter, I can address custom fields from posts and portfolio. However, I would also like to be able to search and filter in normal and custom fields of the WordPress users (because I will add members with business information like address, expertises etcetera). Is there a way to alter the plugin so I can use the search and filter for this purpose? And if this is possible, can you give me a few guidelines in the right direction?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Jorrit

Trevor Moderator

To your last question first. The simplest way to add custom fields to the text search is explained here:

https://adambalee.com/search-wordpress-by-custom-fields-without-a-plugin/

You could also use a plugin. For example, Relevanssi has a custom field option (it is an option, so you have to switch it on in their settings):

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/3rd-party/relevanssi/

It is possible that previous versions of Search & Filter would work without the Results URL being completed, and the ‘As an Archive’ method does not ask for this either (as is the case for the different Post Type Archive methods).

Without the Results URL, there may be unexpected consequences. I have never done as you suggest, so I would not know if this was possible before, and if it was, with what version.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.