Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General post title/search fields

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • C Huelse

Hi there,

I can’t find any previous answer on this, I am wondering how to add a search field to my form that only searches the post title in my custom post type? I am confused as I seem to be able to pick custom fields, categories, but I can not figure out how to search the titles.

Also, when I search for the custom field ‘location’, I would like a normal text box to search this field, but I seem to be able to use a dropdown, tick box or multichoice option. Is it not possible to allow users to simply type in the search term and then look through the ‘location’ entries in the database?

I feel as if I am overlooking something obvious in both the questions above, but I am simply not getting any further with my form at the moment. Your help is much appreciated.

Trevor Moderator

Hi

Field specific searches and textual searches are separated in the plugin. If you wish to enhance or restrict the textual search, install the free Relevanssi plugin and enable the support for it in the Search & Filter Pro form Advanced Settings tab. You can then much more carefully control what and how the textual search looks at and for. There is a setting also for custom fields in Relevanssi.

But, that will then affect all textual searches.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.