Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General Post-Meta and Range – Slider

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • bbr13

Hi,

I have a problem to set a filter with range-slider.
    My custom posts are “products” with a field name “price”.

When I try to set a filter with a post-meta and range-slider, in the list of proposed field I can’t find any field issued from the table “product”.
    Is there anywhere any setting to switch on ?

Can you help me please,
    Bruno

Trevor Moderator

Was the Custom Post type made by you or a plugin (for example, WooCommerce)? If Products CPT was made by you, how was the field Price made?

bbr13
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    bbr13
    Trevor Moderator
    bbr13
    Trevor Moderator

Hi

The Search and Filter plugin will not see/use the wp_pc_products and wp_pc_postmeta tables. The plugin/theme you are using is working outside the normal WordPress database system where fields and field data are stored in the wp_postmeta table.

Whilst I can understand why they have done this, it is not a good idea to store data in tables other than the standard ones unless you can be sure that data will not be needed for other uses. For example, Search & Filter has its own cache tables, but as it is the only plugin likely to need these, that is OK.

After all, what do you do if the author of the the theme you are using abandons it? All your data is stored in tables other themes and plugins cannot see.

bbr13
    Trevor Moderator

I empathize with your conclusion, and of course your next steps may have implications into the future. Do you stay with the theme (and benefit from the price you paid for it – quite high I think), or do you start again, this time using a more flexible solution that uses more standard relationships?

That only you can decide. If you have only just started, it may be one decision but if you have done a lot of work already, then you may reach a different decision. Of course, the problem you have with the current theme is not really just with Search & Filter, but with ANY plugin that you might want to use trying to access that data in those custom tables.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Post-Meta and Range – Slider’ is closed to new replies.