Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Pagination and Visual Composer Plugin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • David

Hi
    we worked on getting pagination to work with the S&F Visual Composer plugin but couldnt get paged pagination to work so went with infinite scrolling pagination. I’m going to have a couple hundred posts that will be searchable with that search form and the problem is when a person scrolls towards the bottom of the results and selects something to view, to get back to where they left off they are going to have to scroll through a couple hundred items again. This will get frustrating after awhile. I tried enabling maintain search form state but that doesnt seem to work with infinite scroll. Is there a way to get the user back to where they left off with infinite scroll. If not, can we look further into getting paged pagination to work with the vc plugin, thanks

Trevor Moderator

Not if they have gone to the post within the same window/tab, no.

With Infinite scroll turned off, do you not see the standard Previous/Next WordPress pagination? If you do, then maybe adding the WP-PageNavi plugin would help?

David

the page numbers are at the bottom of the search results but you cant click on any of them. I have a page set up with only the search form and the vc post grid. So far I have tried disabling all plugins except visual composer and search and filter and switching to a different theme but unable to get it to where you can click the page numbers.Pagination will work fine when using shortcode and archive methods, so seems to be with vc composer method.

Trevor Moderator

OK, so, if they are still like that, can you send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

David
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Try adding this custom CSS to the site:

.search-filter-vc-pagi-hidden {
      position: relative;
      z-index: 1;
    }

… as the pagination is actually UNDER the grid above it. This will lift it back over the grid.

David

its kinda of working now. when you first pull up the page with the search form you cant click any of the page numbers in the “all” results. if you perform a search the page numbers are then clickable. If you select an item to view then hit back button to the search results page it resets to the all results instead of maintaining search form state and none of the page numbers are clickable. so the 2 problems are, its not maintaining search state even those that feature is enable. when first going to the page that has the search form, all results show but page numbers are not selectable

Trevor Moderator

The backward/return browsing is a problem that cannot be easily resolved as Visual Composer is handling the loop. It may be that the next version of our plugin, which uses a different method to pass the search parameters, may be able to do this.

As it is late here, I will have to look at the other thing in the morning.

Trevor Moderator

Try setting that z-index value to 10 instead.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.