Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro No products were found matching your selection

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Sharri Boucher

Hi there,

I’m having problems with setting up the form. I’ve done something that stops the form from working and even displaying products on the normal shop page. I was able to set up the non pro version without any issues, and loved the way it filtered, but this one I’m afraid is proving to be aa bit more difficult.

http://stl.stealthelimelight.com.au/products/ is my main shop page and displays that there are no products that show. IF I turn off the S&F, all the products display.

My settings are displayed here and here

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks heaps

Trevor Moderator

Those two links appear to be to the same screenhsot?

What do you have set on the Tags, Categories & Taxonomies tab and the Post Meta tab (this latter tab is the one most likely to cause what you see, with an ‘unfinished’ rule that needs to be removed)?

Sharri Boucher

Thanks for your reply Trevor and my apologies for the double up of image. I removed all of my exclusions and that seemed to help. I have come across another issues though (no doubt also user related)

If you use this example: http://stl.stealthelimelight.com.au/product-category/wallpaper/ it displays all the products that belong to the wallpaper category. If you click on page 2 at the bottom of the page, it throws it back to displaying all the categories http://stl.stealthelimelight.com.au/products/?sf_paged=2

Looking at the second url, it seems to be using your search and filter technology. Even if I select wallpaper from the dropdown list on the right hand side (which is using search and filter) and click on page 2, it reverts back to showing all of the categories. Is there a setting I may have missed that might sort this sorting, or will I need to use a different kind of pagination to ensure that the user can view all the products in one category.

Maintain Search Form State has been checked.

Today, I can’t even get the filtering to work. This was working before, I just had pagination issues. Today though, the only way I can get the searching and filtering to work is to click on the product tag (which is below the reset button and comes with my theme and not part of your product). Then and only then, does the filter by tag dropdown show the filter and I can start further filtering.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    sharri

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Sharri Boucher
    Trevor Moderator
    Sharri Boucher

Thanks for getting back to me Trevor. I see for point 1, you don’t have a suggestion for how to make this work? Can you help me with some kind of work around? We are supposed to be going live tomorrow and with 100s of products to filter through, this is a show stopper.

For point 2, I’m still very inconsistent with my results. Unless I press that tag outside of the search and filter, I can’t get it to work. But once it starts working, it then works merrily. I don’t think this is ideal.

I’ve also come across some more issues, again an inconsistent one (which I can understand is the hardest to solve), when the filtered products are displayed, sometimes it displays one to a row and other times, it shows the (preferred) 3 to a row. If you press colour first, or the brand or style dropdown, it seems to just show the 1 to a row with the larger thumbs. Only filter by tag and product category dropdowns show the three in a row. If you start with the tag or product category, and then select one of the other dropdowns, it maintains the row display.

Here’s an example:

Please use this link http://stl.stealthelimelight.com.au/products/ and then select a colour such a bronze. It displays, 1 to a row.

Reset the search and now this time, select wallpaper from the dropdown. And then click on the bronze. This time you get three to a row.

Sorry to keep coming back to you with all these issues. I honestly can say, that when this works, its very very good, and I feel its worth persevering with.

Sharri Boucher

Sorry just to be clear, for the second example, the wallpaper is selected from the product category.

Reset the search and now this time, select wallpaper from the product category dropdown. And then click on the bronze. This time you get three to a row.

Trevor Moderator
    Sharri Boucher
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘No products were found matching your selection’ is closed to new replies.