Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Multiple Date Fields in one Drop Down List

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Timothy Stuckey

Hello all,
    I have the full Search & Filter Pro in place using the shortcode options. My question is this. I have a custom post category set up with multiple fields introduced using ACF. I have a repeater field set up for Sale Date(s). If you are not familiar with ACF, this allows the developer to add an unlimited amount of Sale Date(s) fields and print them out on the front end within a specialize loop. My question is this, is there a way to add this repeater field as a dropdown list that pulls in all of the dates?

Here is the page in question: http://acs.ccgproof.com/sheriff-sales/

Any thoughts?

Trevor Moderator

Whilst we do support basic fields and simple relationship fields in ACF, we do not support the repeater field, sorry.

Timothy Stuckey

Ok. Thank you for the reply. My next question now. I have separated out the fields into normal DatePicker ACF fields as seen here: http://acs.ccgproof.com/sheriff-sales/
    The Sale Date(s) fields are listed as sale_date_A and sale_date_B within ACF. I have set these both up as Post Meta fields within Search & Filter Pro. They are both set up identically in the settings, however I am only able to get results from the first Date Picker through your plugin. However, if I type in the date within the normal search field at the top of the form I get the expected results.
    If I switch the fields to a Dropdown List then the issue goes away and I am able to display results using both fields. But the client would prefer to have both field be datepickers.

Any suggestions on that one?

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Timothy Stuckey
    Trevor Moderator

I made a change to the return format in the ACF field setup in the field group, to the required format (Ymd).

Could you try it now?

Timothy Stuckey

ok. I went back through and if both of the search fields are set to the Post Meta and Date type then the sale_dates_B field returns no results. And just as an FYI. If I switch the order of the two date fields, then sale_dates_B works fine, but now sale_dates_A field does not return any results.

Trevor Moderator
    Timothy Stuckey

ok. thank you for your investigation.

Timothy Stuckey
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.