Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Media uploads not searchable

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Peter Ulrich

Dear designsandcode team

I am using S&F Pro to filter Media by categories and titles on a client website.

I found a strange behaviour. When I upload media to the media library it will not appear in the S&F search results. Only when I open every single image in edit mode and save it it will appear in the search results. A rebuild of the cache did not solve the problem. Maybe you have a hint for me.

Best, Peter

Trevor Moderator

You are uploading the image in the standard way (WP Admin -> Media -> Add New)? This should notify WordPress that new media has been added and that in turn should trigger the addition of that media item (technically a post in WordPress) to the cache.

Do you have any plugins that might intercept the upload, such as a ‘smush’ type plugin?

Peter Ulrich

Yes I use the standard way. First I used the Media Library Assistant. But I deactivated it and the problem stays the same. I am not using ‘smush’ type plugins.

Trevor Moderator

What version of our plugin are you using?

Peter Ulrich

On the client website i am using version 2.2.0. But on a local website I installed version 2.3.3 for testing and I see the same behaviour. The wp_search_filter_cache table is not updating after uploading new media. But on the local website the manual rebuilding of the cache helped.

Trevor Moderator

This is most odd. It should work. If you have a search based on normal posts, does THAT auto update the cache for new posts? Can you test and see?

Peter Ulrich

I just tested it. With normal posts the auto update of the cache works fine.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Peter Ulrich
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator

Hi Peter

There was a bug in S&F which I’ve now fixed & released.

Check for the 2.3.4 update, which should have your fix in.

Best

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Media uploads not searchable’ is closed to new replies.