Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filter issue: Results are showing without even filters are applied.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 71 total)
  • Mendel BENOIT

Hi,

I just purchased F&S Pro. As soon as i installed and created a new form, I am facing very strange problem. I added the filter form shortcode to a blog page since i want to filter blog posts. After adding the shortcode, i reviewed the page and i saw the form but right below the form, it is shwoing the results without even the filters are applied, as you can see the screenshot below.

This is the screenshot of the results which are sowing by default and as you can see the results are showing in one column like it’s covering the whole page But the default layout of blog posts is 2 columns.

And this is where i want to show the forms and as you can see the posts are visible in 2 columns as it is default theme layout.

Kindly fix this issue. Waiting for your response!

Kind regards,

Jooobs

Trevor Moderator

Hi Jooobs

It is the weekend and official support is closed until 10AM UK time tomorrow. But I am here waiting for a sports match to start on TV in 5 minutes. The behaviour you describe is normal in that by placing a search form and results section on a page, the WordPress ‘loop’ will run and display unfiltered total posts.

Second, as you are using the Shortcode display method, this will use the (customizable) results.php template that is included with our plugin, and not your theme’s templates.

It is possible to modify the results.php template, as described here.

I will help you get to where you want, and it IS possible to make it so that on an unfiltered page, no results are shown. It is also possible to show a grid, depending on how you theme normally does this. This post might guide you whilst we are offline:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/is-it-possible-to-start-the-search-form-with-no-results/#post-79193

Mendel BENOIT
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mendel BENOIT
    Trevor Moderator
    Trevor Moderator

Given the time already, the offer to do a Skype session holds only for a while. It would be nice to know what theme you are using, and if you have Visual Composer installed or not.

Mendel BENOIT

Yes this theme have visual composer installed 🙂

Trevor Moderator
    Mendel BENOIT
    Mendel BENOIT

By the way i still want you to see the main page. I copied results.php and followed the steps as shown in the documentation and bingo the results are not showing by default but it’s messing with the layout, plus it’s only filtering 3 posts :/ that’s weird

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.