Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Excerpt not displaying in results

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • David Utz

Hi,

I’m using a custom results template displayed via shortcode. Everything is working great except that the get_excerpt function is pulling the first bit of text from the page rather than the excerpt, even when the post has an excerpt.

Example:

https://restaurants.charlottesville.guide/search-results/?_sf_s=revolutionary

This results page returns two results. Revolutionary Soup – The Corner has an excerpt added. It just says “This is an excerpt.” Revolutionary Soup – Downtown does not. As you can see both posts are pulling the text from the post not the excerpt.

I was under the impression that the get_excerpt function would look for an excerpt and only pull text from the post if one didn’t exist.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Utz
    Trevor Moderator

OK. The function name you used was wrong. I have corrected this for you. However, it is only pulling text from the excerpt box because Divi builder content only appears if you use a divi grid builder. Hence why we worked to make a way you could use Search & Filter with the Divi Grid builder. See this post for how:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/divi-blog-module-grid/#post-99184

Hopefully you can follow that. Don’t really worry about setting the grid or grid source up, as our filter form settings will take over and these settings will be used instead.

Also, I have installed a later version of our plugin, as the one you had has an issue with Toolset Types.

David Utz
    Trevor Moderator
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.