Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • elvis

Hi
    I am having a lot of problems with S&F, it was working but now isn’t.
    I tried changing settings ajax/not ajax etc etc and am now getting the error:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Users/***/Sites/***/wp-content/plugins/search-filter-pro/includes/class-search-filter-wp-data.php on line 136

There are no javascript errors and I have switched off all other plugins (though there is some js in the theme)
    Any ideas on this?

elvis
    Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    elvis

ah. its on a local install.

elvis
    Trevor Moderator
    elvis
    Trevor Moderator

OK. That works. You can only have one form per Post Type. That is why we have the setting on the General Settings tab Choose which kinds of pages S&F will try to do this on and you correctly ticked Tag, Category & Taxonomy Archives.

On the Display Results tab there is also Enable filtering on Taxonomy Archives in the Template Options and you have ticked this also, so you should not need 3 forms. You should be able to use the same form on each.

Note that the taxonomy/taxonomies that form(s) the page URL (in your case tool_type, goal and region) also has to be (a) field(s) in the form for the plugin to be able to auto set it/them (you can hide the field(s) using custom css if you need to, often per page, if the body tag has a unique class you can use).

elvis

it was working ok with 3 before.

On my local version I tried as you suggest with 1 form, but this didn’t work.

I will try it on the live version.

I’m not sure what you mean in the last paragraph. Surely the url is made from the fields in the form?

elvis
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘error’ is closed to new replies.