Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Custom taxonomy order in widget

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Fredrik Järkemyr

Hi there!
    I am trying to reorder the product categories using “Category order and taxonomy terms order” https://sv.wordpress.org/plugins/taxonomy-terms-order/ but after I’ve edited the order not every category is showing up.
    I did a search here and found an older topic regarding this plugin, where you disabled it because it did not work.

I’m wondering, I could manage without the plugins, since I’ve already edited the order (using a new column from the plugin called term_order), is it possible to change the order by term somehow? I did edit the value in the database (changed from term_group to term_order) but it did not work either.
    I’ve also tried using some of your hooks and filters, but I don’t think I’ve found the right one yet.

I am not sure what I should try next, so hoping you have a cleaver work-around.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Trevor Moderator

Is this being used in the field display in the form, or sorting in the results?

Fredrik Järkemyr

Hello! This is meant to be used in the field display in the form, in the search widget.

Now it is sorted in alphabetic order (however “Övrigt” should be last, not sorted as “O”).
    Can I add a screenshot here or do I have to add an url?

Regards,

Trevor Moderator

I cannot see any way to sort these except for the options listed in the advanced settings for a taxonomy/category form field in the Form UI.

There is more flexibility to manually arrange Custom Fields, as you can make your own list or drag and drop them.

Fredrik Järkemyr

Well, the problem is that I have a lot of categories with child categories that the customer wants to be aligned in a certain way, and that is not in alphabetical order I’m afraid.

I’ve used https://sv.wordpress.org/plugins/taxonomy-terms-order/ before but not together with S&F, the best way would be if there is a filter or action I could hijack and enter the term_order sorting, as the advanced options only allows sorting by id, name, slug, term_group and something else.
    I do understand that term_order is a custom column created by the https://sv.wordpress.org/plugins/taxonomy-terms-order/ plugin, but still, it would be nice if this was achievable somehow.

Regards,

Trevor Moderator

I do not think that this is possible, unless you can find a way to use our Filter Input Object.

Fredrik Järkemyr

Ok, I’ll take a second look.
    Thanks.

Fredrik Järkemyr

Another thing, now I am using alphabetical order, but the order is wrong.
    In Swedish the “Ö” is the last letter of the alphabet.
    categories

Fredrik Järkemyr

Update, correct url categories

Trevor Moderator

OK, what database collation are you using, as this will affect the sort order. You SHOULD be using something like:

utf8_swedish_ci

and not

utf8_general_ci (which is more common).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Custom taxonomy order in widget’ is closed to new replies.