Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Custom Order for Sticky Posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Jack Beilby

Hi there,

I replied to support request by email but not sure if it went through (included login details). I have to re-open this ticket. I was lucky the first time because my sticky items were already in the right order. Although that’s not the case anymore and still have the problem of not being able to put them in a custom order. I just need Coles to show before Aldi

http://jackbeilby.com.au/eden-rise-final/stores/

Original post is below

—-

Hi,

I have a website where I’m creating a store directory. There are 5 key stores which needs to display first in a custom order, then the rest alphabetically.

I’ve tried using meta value as the first sort order (created a custom field called “display order” and sorted numerically). Then for secondary order I have selected Title.

The meta value seems to work as long as it is manually entered – but if I don’t set the meta value on other posts, they simply don’t show up. I expected that it would use the meta value if a post had one, but if not sort by title.

Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to set a sticky posts and custom order them?

Trevor Moderator

Ah. Our forum software does not reply by email 🙁

Are you applying a sort to the posts at all? If not maybe this popular plugin will help? I have not tried it in this respect, btw:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-types-order/

Jack Beilby

Cool thanks – Had to manually order every post but has done the trick for now – cheers!

Trevor Moderator

Great to hear. I will close this thread then.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Custom Order for Sticky Posts’ is closed to new replies.