Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Create a search for image tags

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Per Karlsson

Hi, I’m trying to generate a search for images, based on their “tags”. The search field should be a drop down list with available tags. I have setup a search form using Taxonomy and the dropdown list displays all tags but with (0) after each tag, i.e. no match, even though I have tags on all my images. Please help me understand how to set it up for it to work.

I then want to present the result as a NextGEN gallery. Is this possible and if so how do I set this up?

Best regards / Per

Trevor Moderator

Are these tags added through the edit media page? Are you searching the media post type? How did you add the tags and categories meta fields for images? I do not think that they are present in the default WordPress, are they?

Per Karlsson

Thanks for your reply. The tags are added in Lightroom and imported as part of the import to WP. The tags are all visble for each image in my Manage galleries section (I use NextGEN Pro).
    I have tried different searches but the current setting is that it searches “Media” as post type.
    Can you clarify what you mean with present in the default WP? The tags are present and visible in WP for each image. I’m happy to share screenshots if it helps? How do I submit them? As I wrote initially, Search and Filter Pro can clearly read the tags as they are part of the dropdown list but for some reason they are set as (0) hits.

Trevor Moderator

Ah. OK

In the left side main WP Admin menu, if you hover over Media, can you see a media tags link/option?

If you click this, and look at the tags, what is the count showing on each tag term?

Per Karlsson

No, there is no media tags link/option. Only “Library” and “Add New”…
    Within the Media library I can’t see any tag information. I can only see this in the NextGEN Galleries.

Trevor Moderator

This may potentially make it difficult for our plugin to see this data, if it is not properly using the WordPress taxonomy system to store it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.